Just like the Magic 8 Ball

This blog is kinda like the Magic Eight Ball. You never know what answer will float up to the top. It's because that's how my brain works. It doesn't work in a linear way. It works at random. Things I know will just pop up so when they do, I plan on writing them here. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cockroach Research

Spent some time researching cockroaches on the internet.  While unpacking things that had been stored until we could get all moved in, saw the biggest cockroach I have seen since I lived in Florida many years ago.  We were hopping it was just a carry in from Tampa but I have seen a few dead ones and a couple of babies scurrying around.  I haven't told Cindy yet because she will freak out and want to bomb.  Not a good idea with babies about.  Think it is either and an American Cockroach or a Wood roach.  The first reproduces very slowly and the second can't survive long with out the great outdoors.  Once I get everything cleaned up and put away, I will have a better idea.  Borax and silica gel are good non-toxic repellents.  Need to get a couple of roach motels to get an idea of the hidden population.

No comments:

Post a Comment