Just like the Magic 8 Ball

This blog is kinda like the Magic Eight Ball. You never know what answer will float up to the top. It's because that's how my brain works. It doesn't work in a linear way. It works at random. Things I know will just pop up so when they do, I plan on writing them here. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

How to Avoid Fluoride Toothpaste

Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.

For years, kids ate toothpaste. I know I did. The fact that it contained fluoride was not as important as preventing cavities. Because fluoride is a heavy metal and heavy metals are toxic, it it's recommended that only a pea size amount of toothpaste should be used and should never be swallowed. Well, I know that secretly doing what my mother told me not to do was the high point of my day. Children haven't changed. I am sure that they are still eating toothpaste whether it is good for them or not. It just tastes good.

Health food stores do carry fluoride free toothpaste but they are usually not as easy to get to as the supermarket. (I take the bus so I like to do everything at one stop) I discovered that although they didn't carry fluoride free toothpaste for adults, supermarkets do carry fluoride free toothpaste for toddlers. So I am just passing this info on. If you have young children of any age, at home , pick up a tube and make it their special toothpaste. If they eat it or swallow some, there is nothing in it that will hurt them. Then just to keep temptation at bay, store adult toothpaste just as you would any adult medicine. Up and out of reach.

Hope this tidbit of info has made your life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment